Monday, November 8, 2010

Life is too short to just let it pass you by. We only have one shot at this, then its gone. Two lazy Sundays ago, I was able to read this interesting article on the Sunday Inquirer Magazine which talks about famous people's bucket lists. Some were far out impossible, while a lot of them were at the least, noble and interesting. For starters, what the heck is a "bucket list"? As urbandictionary.com describes it: "...a list of things to do before you die; comes from the term "kicked the bucket"

This made me stop and think: I better make myself one! I rushed on to get my pencil and tickler and made quite a long list of things to do. But then, I said to myself, is this truly worth my time and energy? Would these items on my list be at least achievable in my lifetime? I looked at it again and an entry said: "Go bungee jumping". Well, great! My injured spine would love to get that one final deathly jolt. But then, some were quite achievable (and more of a mind over matter thing) like "Eat vegetables" and "Kick away the junk food habit", while others I have already started: "Set foot in all three major island groups in the Philippines". Great! At least I have something to look forward to. On how soon I will complete it, is an entirely different story.

I think my list still needs a little refining. I would definitely post it soon and hope that it would inspire everyone to make their own list. Check on my partial list below:
  • Set foot in all continents (excluding Antartica)
  • Save my first million by age 35
  • Watch the "The David Letterman Show" live
  • Run my first marathon
  • Learn a third language
  • Build my own resthouse
  • Meet Chico and Delamar
  • Do volunteer work
  • Get washboard abs
  • Take a commercial A380 flight to anywhere
I hope I get to achieve these items on my list before death beats me into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment