Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Morning Rush and the "Marinduque" incident

Okay, I guess the people in the office now thinks I'm looney; thanks to the "Morning Rush" podcasts which I have been listening for the past week at work. After missing almost 3 weeks worth of Chico and Delle's morning radio show (I was away on Java Training for most of last month), I pretty much made up for it by listening to the podcasts nonstop since Tuesday. True to TMR (The Morning Rush) fashion, the episodes last month were hilarious! I was trying my best not to laugh out loudly. What started as chuckles, led to louder snickers (with matching bobbing shoulders)- then bursting out in laughter in an otherwise deathly silent workplace.

In a TMR episode about the "Top Ten Tourism Slogans for the Philippines (a province or a city)", some entries presented really witty slogans (this was after the "Pilipinas Kay Ganda" brouhaha):

“More Asia, Than Malaysia.”
“Boom Boom Mayon! Bye Bye Albay.”

“San Juan, Juan-derful!”
“Pinas, Ganda Mo Teh!”
“Sa Pandacan, Big Time Ka!”
“Thanks For Coming, Camiguin!”
“We Fly High In Capiz!”
“Tata Tete Titi Toto Tutuban!”
“Better Leyte Than Never!”
“Boracay, You Sexy Beach!”
“El Nido. It’s Everybody’s Milk!”
“EoW pFouHWz, pHFiLiPPeEnZZ!” (jejejeje)

And to cap off the list: my favorite entry (which made me laugh out the hardest):
“Sa Marinduque, Malalaki Ang Pu…(so).”

This almost made me faint! I thought Chico was going to blurt out "Pu**" (hahaha). And thanks to Delle, an alternative filler was given: "Pu**y" (the English equivalent of pu**) which she said on air! (I want to believe this was an honest slip-up) hehehe. OMG, this made may day. I had to run out of the office to laugh in an empty hallway.

For a complete list of all the entries for this episode, visit Chico Garcia's blog (Strange Fruit): http://chicogarcia.wordpress.com/2010/12/01/the-top-ten-tourism-slogans-for-the-philippines-or-a-province-or-a-city/. This is a truly great blog with lots of really interesting stories and amazing photographs taken by Chico himself.

I want to think Chico and Delamar's morning radio show (which airs 6AM-10AM daily over at RX 93.1) is what keeps me sane in the workplace. But after today's incident, I'm willing to reconsider. LOL.

1 comment:

  1. just checking out your blog! :)
    sobrang panalo talaga yung Marinduque entry na yan.. really laughed out loud when i heard that entry.

    ReplyDelete