Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Nostalgia on a Sunday Morning

I was online looking for Chirstmas songs for my mom when I came across some rare gems in YouTube that surely brought out the child in me on Christmas day. When I was a young boy, my dad would play his favorite vinyl Christmas albums on all weekends of December leading to Christmas day. The usual suspects: Ray Conniff "A Very Merry Christmas Album", "Pamasko ng mga Bituin" and the "Mabuhay Singers Christmas Album".

Your ears would bleed every weekend listening to these songs over and over. But my dad would just sit by the record player and gently tap the chair to the melody of the Christmas carols. Simple joys when cassette players were the hottest thing in music. But my dad said that the quality of vinyl records were way better than those of cassettes (of which I totally agree).


Okay, I'm not that old to actually be part of the era when this Ray Conniff video was made. I'm a child of the 80's and 90's. Its just this video took me back to a time when Christmases were much more simple and meaningful. I used to sing along with my dad on some of these songs; truly priceless memories.


Christmas nostalgia is in the air on this gloomy Sunday. May the spirit of the season haunt you as well, in a good way of course. I've thrown in some Boney M Christmas music as well for your viewing pleasure. I find the video creepy and if you have problems sleeping at night, refrain from viewing this video. Pump up the volume, listen to the song in the background and sing along if you want. Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment