Sunday, January 16, 2011

MMXI: A New Year Ahead

As much as I wanted to update this blog regularly, the reality of life prevents me from doing so. As with keeping all my new year's resolution, I guess it would be a long, uphill battle. But of course, I will do my best to keep this blog relevant.

2011. New year to start the new decade. Another 365 years to live life, experience new things and challenges to hurdle. On the first week of the year, I was informed of an opportunity at work that could possibly change my life forever. I decided to give it a chance, and now, I am just waiting for news on how things would turn out (*keeping my fingers crossed*).  The start of the new year also brought a bit of sadness: news of cancer striking a loved one, and more stories from family and friends relating of personal and financial hardships truly broke my heart. But as they say, life goes on and I hope everyone would all get their happy endings.
I also listed resolutions this year, but scrapped them all when I started breaking them on the first week of January. So instead of pressuring myself with resolutions, I am now just simply telling myself to do one thing this year: to just keep moving. To keep moving when things get bad or when things don't end up the way I wanted them to be. To keep on moving to discover more about myself and the world. To keep on moving and push myself to even greater heights. So Joey, just keep on moving to whereever life will bring you this year.

So to all my blog, Twitter and Facebook friends, however our years start (whether it be good or bad), I wish you nothing but the best this 2011. More success and happiness this year. Lets keep on moving!



No comments:

Post a Comment