Monday, January 24, 2011

The Story of the Lucky Charm Bracelet...

"Now, make three wishes..."

This was what the Chinese lady told me when I bought a lucky charm bracelet from her stall at the mall.  She placed the "Lucky Ram" bracelet (from the year I was born) on a metal bowl, gave it a gentle tap, and uttered chants in an apparent effort to bless it. So there was I, looking at this bowl while making three innocent wishes with a rather skeptical cloud around me. What do I have to lose, right? (besides my money of course).

After the purchase I went on my way to the the department store to buy some personal supplies. To the left of the store entrance was a really busy stall that caught my eye. It was a lottery outlet. Then, a light bulb moment! What if I test this supposedly lucky bracelet by betting in the insta-scratch lottery? Sounds like a plan to me. So I took out my lucky bracelet, wore it on my left wrist and handed out my twenty pesos to the Cashier and got myself a "Bee Lucky Game" ticket.

To win, I should match any of the two winning numbers with those six numbers I was given to scratch off. So I scratched the ticket and true enought, I got the surpise of my life... I won! I won!  (prize amount withheld LOL). Wow, this lucky bracelet does work! I was not out to push my lucky by buying another ticket, so I just got my winnings and drove home with a smirk on my face. Yes, I forgot to buy what I came to the mall for. Oh well, there's next weekend to buy them (and probably another lottery ticket).

No comments:

Post a Comment