Sunday, January 16, 2011

The New Zodiac World Order. Enter Ophiuchus.

Enter Ophiuchus.

Ophiuchus is the thirteenth constellation that shocked the Astrological world. And yes, there is a new Zodiac world order. Apparently, due to shifts in the earth's rotation and orbit, the sun now moves through 13 constellations, not just 12. What was supposed to be a very trivial astrological development caused a stir in the news, and all the social networking sites. The inclusion of Ophiuchus in the Zodiac raised a lot of eyebrows (including mine). I'm not really sure if this is just an alternative list or if this now really how your Zodiac sign would be determined.

Now, who is Ophiuchus?  Its Greek name means 'serpent-bearer', and it is commonly represented as a man grasping the snake that is represented by the Serpens constellation. Having said this, go check out the new 13 signs of the Zodiac:

Aries: Apr 19 - May 14
Taurus: May 14 - Jun 21
Gemini: Jun 21 - Jul 21
Cancer: Jul 21 - Aug 11
Leo: Aug 11 - Sept 17
Virgo: Sept 17 - Oct 31
Libra: Oct 31 - Nov 21
Scorpio: Nov 21 - Nov 30
Ophiuchus: Nov 30 - Dec 18
Sagittarius: Dec 18 - Jan 21
Capricorn: Jan 21 - Feb 17
Aquarius: Feb 17 - Mar 12
Pisces: Mar 12 - Apr 19

As I checked out the new list of Zodiacs, it seems that my June 20 birthday now falls on the sign of Taurus. I used be to be a Gemini and I refuse to be a Taurus! All the people I know can affirm that I am a true blooded Gemini! I'm not really sure if I would follow this new Zodiac listing, or if I should be affected by it, but for an astrological junkie like me, this is truly earth-shaking news.

No comments:

Post a Comment